Saturday 1 July 2017

Xylitol - (I don't wanna be) PUNISHED



  Xylitol is a sugar alcohol used as a sweetener, it looks and tastes like sugar and helps prevent tooth decay. It is often fatal to dogs (it's more dangerous to them than a bar of your favourite chocolate!).

  Xylitol is also the name of a female fronted hardcore punk band from Olympia, Washington. The 4 members are Laura, Jake, Winter and Colter. Exposure to them can give you an energy rush but also leave you with a severe ringing in your ears. You have been warned.

  Is it toxic to pigs??

  Personally I wouldn't expose pigs to Xylitol, they might not enjoy the toxic sweetness and I doubt they will be overly enamoured with the song Police Is Brutality. As for the rest of you, I recommend clicking the link, turning up your volume and bouncing around your room to one of 2017's best hardcore releases.... https://xylitolband.bandcamp.com/album/is-toxic-to-pigs It's name your price so no reason not to indulge yourself. The ep will be out early this month on Totaly Negativity records and Thrilling Living Records. They're currently touring with Daudyflin.

  I heard the song you'll find below on (Dr And The Crippens' bassist)Wayne Elliott's excellent Pulsebeat show (listen here if you like cool music : https://www.mixcloud.com/GlobalPunkRadio/pulsebeat-54/). It's called (I Don't Wanna Be) PUNISHED and it's really rather sweet.....


I'M JUST A PUNK 
I'M JUST ALIVE 
I DON'T WANNA BE PUNISHED 

YOU KNOW A LOT OF ACRONYMS 
YOU BLUDGEON ME WITH FACTS 
NEED A FAST FORWARD 
OR A TIME BURGLARY TAX 

PLEASE NO MORE "SO WHAT DO YOU DO" 
I'D RATHER EAT A SLICE OF MY SHOE 
I'D RATHER GET A BRIEF STOMACH FLU 
THAN DRAIN MY LIFE FORCE TALKING TO YOU 

I'M JUST A PUNK, I'M JUST ALIVE 
I DON'T WANNA BE PUNISHED 

YOU'RE SUSSING ME UP 
SIZING ME DOWN 
WALL TALKING ME 
I'M STARTING TO FROWN 

YOU SUCK MY EVENING 
IT SLIDES DOWN THE DRAIN 
CAN I LEAVE IF I YELL 
"AM I BEING DETAINED?" 

YOU'RE MEETING COOL NEW PEOPLE 
YOU'RE FILING THEM IN FOLDERS 
AMBIGUITY NOT YOUR BAG 
MORE COMFORTABLE WITH BORDERS 

COLLECTING ALL THE RECORDS 
YOU'RE PILING UP NEW GEAR 
YOUR FOLLOWERS WILL DOUBLE 
WITHIN THE FISCAL YEAR



1 comment: