Sunday 19 May 2019

No Collusion - Aw Naw




  When you see a band getting hailed as the Derry Chats and a song described as the Irish Smoko it's hard not to feel at least a slight tingle of excitement as you rush to check them out. Today I'm featuring No Collusion and damn, they're good.

  Based in Derry, Northern Ireland, No Collusion are a trio comprising Ruairi (drums), Dualta (bass) and Shea (guitar/vocals). They list amongst their influences the likes of Cockney Rejects, UK Subs, The Nipple Erectors, Peter & The Test Tube Babies, Slaves, The Chats, Idles, Minor Threat and Black Flag. Young, irreverent and talented, they're the sort of band the UK punk scene needs to encourage so go check them out and give them a like   https://www.facebook.com/NOCOLLUSIONBAND/ 

  They've just released debut ep Sticking Sets and as calling cards go it's very promising. You can find it here : https://nocollusionband.bandcamp.com/releases

  This is the "hit" from the ep, a slacker anthem that's bound to resonate with many a youngster. Not all punks are concerned about the climate, discrimination, government etc, sometimes it's more important to be able to get your hands on enough money for a bag of baccy and a bit of grub. This is called Aw Naw...

Some boy stole my baccy 
In there was my last bit of wacky 
What am I supposed to do 
That smoke was from the land of Peru 

Get a new bag of smoke 
Aw what, I got stroked 
This day can’t get any worse 
Tap me ma’s pounds from her purse 

What the fuck? Aw naw 

Some man stole my baccy 
In there was my last bit of wacky 
What am I supposed to do 
That smoke was from the land of Peru 

Went to grab a new bag of smoke 
Wrong time, I got stroked 
This day can’t get any worse 
Tap me ma’s pounds from her purse 

Skint and I want some food 
Naw, my luck’s not good 
Skint and I want some food 
What, my luck’s not good


No comments:

Post a Comment