Sunday 12 March 2023

DARTZ - Steal From The Supermarket

  


  Dartz (https://www.facebook.com/smokedartz) are the band from Wellington, New Zealand who got together in order to open for The Chats on their New Zealand tour. Probably in a state of amazement at being chosen to support the Aussie trio, given that they had no songs (or bassist or drummer), they had to get their asses in gear but they managed it. Not too long after they featured on this blog  https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2021/04/dartz-rollyz-quit-his-job.html

  They also finished up in the Just Some Punk Songs end of 2022 chart with a track from their debut album (an album which very impressively topped the New Zealand charts. 

  And now they're back with a new single. https://smokedartz.bandcamp.com/track/steal-from-the-supermarket

  Back in 1999, Choking Victim released an incredible album titled No Gods, No Managers. One of the best songs on it was called Five Finger Discount which went "Every time I go to shop I steal from enemies." The new single by Dartz shares a similar sentiment. Help yourselves. Steal From The Supermarket...

I'm a vision, I got rhythm, in the aisles as I shop
I'm perusing, I am grooving, in the proven blind spots
I am grace, I got flow, swipe some items as i go
Cause I’m gonna give you all a dinner and a show
Because it all seems sus, it all semes corrupt
That people have to starve as your earnings go up
If you wanna make a profit off of emptying our pockets
Then I’ll use the extra space to take some items off the docket

Won’t make a meal, make a meal outta me
Won’t make a meal, make a meal outta me
Won’t make a meal, make a meal outta me
Don’t you know that a boys gotta eat

STEAL FROM THE SUPERMARKET

When you walk in what’s the first thing you see??
A subtle reminder that you're on TV
And if you’re brown you might be followed by security
While these duopolies do their daylight robberies
Well two can play at that game and so to make the rent
I’ll steal bread from the mouths of decadence
If you wanna justify charging these amounts
Then I’ll help myself to a five finger discount

STEAL FROM THE SUPERMARKET

Won’t make a meal, make a meal outta me
Won’t make a meal, make a meal outta me
Won’t make a meal, make a meal outta me
Don’t you know that a boys gotta eat

1 comment: