Tuesday 7 March 2023

The Raging Nathans - Spring Cleaning

  

I got a suit and a tie and some boots that I shine, this time
I wipe a tear from my eye as I say my goodbyes, this time...  
  

  Hailing from Dayton, Ohio, The Raging Nathans (https://www.facebook.com/TheRagingNathans) have had plenty of plays on The Just Some Punk Songs show but after checking back I noticed they'd only featured once on the blog (cheers Ralph https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2020/07/the-raging-nathans-dont-miss-train.html). I think the main reason for that must be familiarity breeds contempt or something similar. They seem to have a new release out every other week and whilst they're all of a uniformly high quality, they make this punk rock malarkey seem so damn easy... it can sometimes tempt you to take them for granted. Check out their Bandcamp page and try and find me a bad track and you'll see what I mean https://theragingnathans.bandcamp.com/

  So a long overdue 2nd appearance on here today with a song from an upcoming split ep titled Gauntlet Of Knives. It's a collaborative effort with Mikey Erg Band and it'll be released on limited edition coloured vinyl (Transparent Green (RGF Exclusive Colour), Solid Orange (Iron Fest Records Exclusive Colour), Mystery Colour Vinyl & Black) on March 17th via Rad Girlfriend Records (US) and Brassneck Records (UK) 

  
  In a week in which I've had 2 good friends pass away (RIP Billy and Simon) this is a pretty apt song. It's called Spring Cleaning...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment