Friday 18 November 2022

R.E.D - Religion Equals Decay - Ignite

  


  You may remember that back in the summer I featured a track (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2022/07/red-religion-equals-decay-god-save-king.html) by London post punk outfit R.E.D - Religion Equals Decay (https://www.facebook.com/redfromsurrey). It was taken from an impressive soundscape of noise titled Music For The Masses - Volume 1. 

  The return today with an equally impressive song taken from follow up album Music For The Masses - Volume 2. The album's another worthy release from a band that deserve more attention (as Just Some Punk Songs show listener Atti Emecz said to me... "They are a great band. I have no idea why they don't  get in touch with a label. Must be loads who would put this stuff out"). Despite no physical release however, it is streaming on the usual platforms, including Bandcamp :                         https://red-religionequalsdecay.bandcamp.com/album/music-for-the-masses-volume-2

  The song I'm highlighting (Which Atti mentioned was his favourite from the album) displays how talented the band are. He backed me up by agreeing that he was getting Killing Joke vibes (which I mentioned in the previous review). This time around I'm hearing the inventiveness of another Just Some Punk Songs fave Bamboo Vipers (watch out for a new single by them next week. I believe Iain Gibbins is involved with both RED & Bamboo Vipers) and maybe even hints of Peter Gabriel! A song who's theme fits in well with the band's name, this is Ignite...  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment