Thursday 3 November 2022

Standard Issue - Can We Be Free?

 


  I featured Standard Issue (https://www.facebook.com/standardissuepunk) on here a couple of years ago when I posted a song from their excellent Those Who Have Come Before ep. Since then they've released an ep titled Idiocracy and now they're back with a new single of which both sides are excellent examples of full throttle punk rock. 

  The band are from Riverside, California and feature a line up of Mike Cantrell (vocals/guitar), Chris Clement (bass) & Andy Stomper (drums). I played the flip side of the single on this week's Just Some Punk Songs show. It's titled Another Day, Another Fight and it's every bit as good as the A side (to be honest, I think it's my favourite of the 2 tracks). A Furious pace and a great message (Why Can't We Live In Peace?), it's pretty much perfect hardcore punk. 


  The A side (which I'll play on next week's show) is another short burst of adrenaline inducing noise that'll have you running round punching walls and screaming at the top of your lungs. It's called Can We Be Free? 

No comments:

Post a Comment