Tuesday 25 May 2021

The Gobs - Get A Dog (That Can Kill Me If It Wants To)

    


  Another band I know nothing about today other than that they're from Olympia, Washington and they've released 3 very decent demo eps so far in 2021. They're called The Gobs and they play lo-fi synth punk which may remind you a little of The Spits. 

  With the first two demos being called demo 1 and demo 2, I'm not going to award any prizes to those of you who guess the title of the third ep. What I am going to do is point you in the direction of some rather cool music >>>>>>>>>>> https://thegobs.bandcamp.com/

  This time around proceedings kick off in enjoyably frantic fashion with a futuristically fantastic track titled 2083 AD. I've no idea what they're singing about but who cares, I'm just having fun jumping around to music that reminds me of Buck Biloxi and Kool & The Gang Bangers. 

  It's similar fare on the next 2 tracks with my highlight being this beauty. It's called Get A Dog (That Can Kill Me If It Wants To)... 

5 comments:

  1. There's already a band in Vegas called gob patrol and an older band called Gob. Let's get a little more original....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my impression of you: Fa fa fa fa fa furr furr furr DURRRRRRRRRRRR

      Delete
  2. I love The Gobs from Olympia. Best band of last year together with Prison Affair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 Gobs songs and 2 Prison Affair songs on this zombie game soundtrack... https://youtu.be/Vas4_zKnb9w

      Delete
  3. If you pay attention listen a song like Stuffed you can see a big future waitin for them (fookin grammys awards raining etc)

    ReplyDelete