Thursday 21 July 2022

The Heat Inc. - Draw Blood For Proof

    


  Now after moaning yesterday about people sending me music (An unfair moan as I love them all, I just want to have fun finding music to feature on my own rather than to feel beholden to anyone who's just trying to share the fruits of their labour to a wider audience), today I'm featuring a song that was messaged to me by punk enthusiast Paul Austin. His name may not be familiar to most of you but hopefully his very fine Facebook Group, New Music for punks/new wavers, is 

  He wrote "Have you heard of this lot?"

  I hadn't so he replied
 
"Hooked after 10 seconds.
 Don't be put off by the long hair.
 Proper fists in the air tune."

I'm glad he got in touch.

The Heat Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/TheHeatInc) claim to be London's loudest rock n roll band. You've possibly already had the pleasure, they're being championed by the likes of 6 Music and Vive Le Rock and they've been favourably received by punk luminaries such as Paul Simonon (Clash) and Michael Bradley (Undertones). Cited as drawing from the likes of The Rolling Stones, Stooges, Ramones, The Clash, Nick Cave, The Doors and Pixies, they're on a definite upward trajectory.

  And they've got a new single out. It's very good. This is a talented band. They line up Jon Dodd - vocals, Marco Simoncelli - guitar & backing vocals, Nicolas Rigot - bass & backing vocals & Maurizio Vitale - drums, percussion & backing vocals. You can get the single here :

   It's called Draw Blood For Proof...

let's go back to Tulsa
to 1943
your birthright is the eye with which
you capture everything
just shy o'er a thousand
days with Bill to route
'cause once the needle's loaded
it's never coming out

YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU, MAN
LIKE I HOPE SHE LOVE ME TOO
YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU, MAN
NO MATTER WHAT I SAY OR DO
AND THE MOST DANGEROUS THING
THAT I COULD DO
IS WATCH YOU DO THESE THINGS
DRAW BLOOD FOR PROOF

let's go back to Tulsa
to 1963
with ivy hair and pallid skin
and sweet amphetamine
still Jesus hangs just beyond
that windshield spiderweb
with a rifle and a riverbank
and leaves to rest your head

let's go back to Tulsa
to 1968
dry blood comes tough from collar/cuff
yet through grain dissipates
let's go back to Tulsa
to 1971
it's an accidental gunshot wound
and a brand new buried son

No comments:

Post a Comment