Wednesday 20 July 2022

Osees - A Foul Form

    


  Despite appealing on the blog for people not to message me asking to feature their music (a request I made as I hate saying no), I still get a large number of requests. Admittedly there's some of them that are great and which I'm more than happy to help publicise but there's an equal number or more that I just don't connect with. Please leave me alone (unless you're shit hot!) as I'd feel much less stressed stumbling across music on my own (and I'd rather only post stuff I really like or this would quickly get very boring.) If you do want to attract my attention, try to be ambitious. If you're going to regurgitate your own influences, do it well, make it exciting. Don't just go through the motions and bore everyone, bar your mates, rigid (although anything you produce will be miles better than a totally untalented old guy like myself could manage). 

  So what do I like? 

  Well you already know the answer to that if you check out this blog or the show. And what am I getting all excited by today? Well that would be a new track by Osees. 

  Previously going under monikers such as Thee Oh Sees, they've "transmogrified to fit many a moment - from hushed druggy folk to groovy demonic pop chants to science fictional krautrock expanse and beyond." Whatever that means! 

  What it appears to mean is that they've got better. Noisier, more concise and a lot more exciting. Hailing from Los Angeles and featuring a line up of John Dwyer (Guitar/Vocals & Synth), Tom Dolas (Guitar), Tim Hellman (Bass), Dan Rincon (Drums) & Paul Quattrone (Drums) they've a new album on the way. It'll be titled A Foul Form and it'll be released by Castle Form on August 12th. 

  Is it punk? Hell yeah. Is it cliched and dull, most definitely not. There's 3 tracks streaming and they suggest we're going to be treated to something a little bit special. Check them out :  https://ohsees.bandcamp.com/album/a-foul-form-5

  If you really must contact me to tell me about your great new record, please don't think I'm ignorant if I don't reply. I just hate saying no so would rather hope you think I've not got your message (I can't feature everything I'm afraid and bear in mind most of the bands out there that actually sell records and have fans are ones that I don't like). 

  This is the title track from the album, I think you'll enjoy it. It's called A Foul Form... 

No comments:

Post a Comment