Sunday 24 July 2022

Suzi Moon - Dumb & In Luv

  
(photo : @greg.gutbezahl.glam.gigs)

  I've got to be honest, Suzi Moon (https://www.facebook.com/SuziMoon) is someone who's impressing me more and more with every release. I heard debut ep, Call The Shots, and was impressed but not blown away on first play so probably didn't give it the attention it deserved. And then along came a follow up titled Animal. A different beast altogether which was great throughout but especially the track Gold Record Autograph which is one of the catchiest songs of the year.

  Now she's back with a new offering that retains the melody of that song but brings back a bit of the gnarly punk sound displayed on Call The Shots. It's a teaser single for a debut album titled Dumb & In Luv, it's the title track of that album and as appetite whetters go it does a great job.


 
  You can order the various vinyl versions from Pirates Press Records :  https://shop.piratespressrecords.com/products/suzi-moon-dumb-in-luv


  To help promote the album, the rest of 2022 will be pretty much taken up with touring. The current European leg will wrap up with an appearance at the Rebellion Festival in Blackpool before continuing with 30 plus shows in The States. 

  Speaking of the Rebellion Festival, I'm guessing a romantic encounter there a few years back was an inspiration for this song. It's called Dumb & In Luv...

Act one! We met & had some fun Holding hands under the blackpool sun Act two! You drove off in the van I never thought I would see you again I’m dumb & in luv... Dumb, dumb, dumb & in luv I’m dumb... In luv... Dumb, dumb, dumb & in luv Act three! I was sitting at yer bar Guilty eyes disguised as shooting stars Act four! You stabbed me in the back Dirty rat how can you live like that!? I’m dumb & in luv... Dumb, dumb, dumb & in luv I’m dumb & in luv... Dumb, dumb, dumb & in luv I’m dumb, so dumb... Dumb, dumb, dumb & in luv Well I’m dumb, so dumb Dumb, dumb, dumb & in Dumb, dumb, dumb & in Dumb, dumb, dumb & in luv D-u-m-b-l-u-v L-u-v-d-u-m-b D-u-m-b L-u-v Does she know the truth about me? I’m dumb & in luv... Dumb, dumb, dumb & in luv I’m dumb, in luv... Dumb, dumb, dumb & in luv Well I’m dumb, so dumb... Dumb, dumb, dumb & in luv I’m dumb (how dumb?) So dumb (that’s luv!) Dumb, dumb, dumb & in ... Luv


No comments:

Post a Comment