Sunday 23 January 2022

Artsick - Stress Bomb

 


  Last month I posted a song by Kids On A Crime Spree (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2021/12/kids-on-crime-spree-when-can-i-see-you.html) and whilst I was checking out their new album on the Slumberland Bandcamp page I also had a listen to a couple of tracks from another of the label's upcoming releases. They were teaser tracks for an album by Oakland trio Artsick and they were very good so I made a mental note to check out the full length. 

  And now it's out, it's titled Fingers Crossed and I like it. 

  Before writing this I did a quick double check to make sure I'd not featured the band before and I haven't, but I have mentioned them a couple of times whilst posting songs by Boyracer. It turns out that Christina Riley is also a member of both Boyracer and Burnt Palms. Drummer Mario Hernandez is also in Kids On A Crime Spree and Ciao Bella whilst bassist Donna McMean has been in Lunchbox & Hard Left (a band much loved round here and who need to get a move on releasing new material!). 

  Being a Slumberland Records release you won't be surprised to hear that Fingers Crossed is an indie punk delight. Think C86, think Talulah Gosh, think scuffed up pop with a jagged edge. Or as the label describes it, "an album just bursting with racket and heartbreak and love and enthusiasm." Enjoy...  https://artsick.bandcamp.com/album/fingers-crossed 

  Despise was the song that initially made my ears prick up a few weeks ago (I played it on the show at the time) but I'll post one of the other album tracks today, this is one of those tambourine led, shambling kind of songs that's easy to fall in love with, it's called Stress Bomb... 

No comments:

Post a Comment