Tuesday 17 March 2015

Local Resident Failure - Old Skool


  One of the catchiest new songs to have surfaced this year comes from Newcastle (Australia) 4 piece Local Resident Failure. They could have easily sat alongside fellow Aussies Frenzal Rhomb on the old Fat Wreck Chords comps if it wasn't for the fact that they didn't form until 2007 but their love of that earlier era shines through. Their debut album, A Breath Of Stale Air, came out in 2012 on Pee Records and they've just followed it up with their second Pee lp entitled This Here's The Hard Part. It's a serving of old skool skate punk that is easy to do wrong but luckily these guys get the mix of pop punk and hardcore just about spot on. If it sounds like your cup of tea you can check it out here : http://peerecords.bandcamp.com/album/this-heres-the-hard-part 

  Alternatively, have a listen to this great spot of reminiscing about days past, this is Old Skool.......

I remember the days when we used to go skating right after class.
We'd ride to the mall and create some havoc in the parking lot. 

It seems like all those days are long and gone. 
We'd hang from when the bell rang until the afternoon, and we'd be there until the end. 

Now, you’re a doctor and my life it hasn't changed. 
I'm 32, and since 15 I'm still the same. 

It seems like all those days are long and gone. 
We'd hang from when the bell rang until the afternoon, and we'd be there until the end. 

Well, I remember when I told you I was King of the World, 
We'd battle for supremacy then I'd get the girl. 
We'd play in the sand until the sun set at night. 
Then we'd shit our pants but that was when we were 5. 

I NEVER WANT TO GROW UP.....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment