Saturday 3 September 2022

The Trouble Seekers - Falling In A Dream

  


  A welcome return to Just Some Punk Songs today for Los Angeles duo The Trouble Seekers (https://www.facebook.com/TheTroubleSeekers). They're the new wave/dark glam outfit made up of Kevin McGovern (The Prostitutes) and Hillary Burton (The Pandoras/Honeychain). As you may know if you saw my previous write up on them (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-trouble-seekers-cruel-summer.html), they take elements of punk and new wave and experiment with getting new sounds. They sound instantly familiar but slightly different. They sound heavily influenced by the 80's but at the same time fresh and modern day.

  I featured their first single, Cruel Summer, and that reappears as one of many highlights on their debut, Self Titled, album. They serve up 14 tracks with Kevin and Hillary sharing vocal duties and they add occasional synth to the mix to enrich proceedings. 



  It's available on vinyl via Ruined Records :                                      https://www.ruinedrecords.com/product/the-trouble-seekers-s-t-lp
  This is the track that's most caught my attention so far. It's called Falling In A Dream...

Tongue Tied
Someone Lied
Cheap Fame
You're So Vain

Shades Of Blue
Into You
I Don't Mind
I'm Too High
Just Beware
I'm On A Dare

Doesn't Matter To Me
Doesn't Matter To Me
Falling In A Dream
Only The Lonely
Dying Slowly
Is It Just Me, Can't You See
I'm Falling In Your Dream

Near Dark
Where's the spark
I'm Cracked
We'll Go Far

No comments:

Post a Comment