Monday 12 September 2022

Chum Lord - I'm Terrible At This

  


  Chum Lord are a new rawk and roll outfit from Kent, Ohio who's line up is Stoney Toney (Guitar), Ryan Dunce (Bass) & Cold Cole Collins (Drums). I assume one of them is the vocalist! I also know pretty much nothing about them other than they have an Instagram page   https://www.instagram.com/chumlord_band/ and that they introduced themselves in March by way of a debut 6 song Demo.

  A couple of those songs have been re recorded for their new ep and along with a bunch of new tracks are available here : https://chumlord.bandcamp.com/album/chum-lord

  If I say it's sloppy, old school punk rock by a band of delinquents who don't give a fuck I mean it as praise. There's songs about self loathing, Chuck Norris fighting the Vietnamese and a travelling man who you might be best off avoiding. It's a solid listen from a promising band.

  This track is probably my favourite, it's called I'm Terrible At This...

 You got me up
 On a Sunday night thinking of you
 Talking to me
 I don’t think you know what you do
 I'm such a loser I know it doesn’t mean a thing to you
 I’m such a loser I know it doesn’t mean a thing to you

 You got a boyfriend and he’s a lot cooler than me
 You got a boyfriend And he plays much better than me
 I just go on and on and on In my head
 Tossing and turning Baby I’m sweating bullets thinking in my bed

 I don’t know what you want
You want from me
You just want nothing but baby nothing ain’t never free
 I couldn’t make a move even if I tried

No comments:

Post a Comment