Friday 16 September 2022

Avem - Just Like Me (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

   


  Well once again Mick asks and I have to answer the call. There's been SO much great music coming out lately and most of the other reviewers have beaten me to the punch on getting out a solid writeup. But I think I got this one!

   Coming out on August 25th, Ontario Canada's bird loving Pop Punkers "Avem" (https://www.facebook.com/avem.theband) finally dropped their highly anticipated full length "Three Birds Stoned" on Mom's Basement Records. https://momsbasementrecords.bandcamp.com/album/avem-three-birds-stoned

  These guys have been on my radar since 2018's "Sing Every Day" EP and there's just no denying their ability to write songs that will earworm into your head like that annoying woodpecker outside your window. I know the idea of a gimmick band can pigeon-hole you (pun intended) but personally I LOVE birds. I live on an island with TWO bird sanctuaries and get to watch some of these beautiful creatures on a daily basis.



  BUT - how is the music? Well it's next level Ramonescore with the standard Weasel/TBR influences but these guys are already on that level. Songs like "Mother Nature Really Sucks", "Pre-Suburban Paradise" and the video I'm posting "Just Like Me" spotlight a band already at the top of their game. I said it on my own site - this IS my pick for Pop Punk album of the year. Good luck getting these songs to leave the nest that is your brain!

  Just Like Me...

No comments:

Post a Comment