Tuesday 13 September 2022

SNAYX - Work

    


  When I played the new single by SNAYX (https://www.facebook.com/SNAYX) on this week's Just Some Punk Songs show I mentioned to the listeners who were in the chatroom that they reminded me of Slaves. Another comparison that was thrown back at me was Kid Kapichi. I'm not going to argue with that. All 3 are examples of exciting, young bands that take the essence of golden era punk rock and add their own spin. They're the type of bands that'll keep the genre healthy. Punk's dead? Fuck you!  

  Pronounced Snakes, they're a Brighton based duo, Charlie Herridge (vocals/guitar) and Ollie Horner (bass/backing vocals) that are creating somewhat of a buzz. They've already attracted the attention of Radio 1 and their upward trajectory will only continue with the release of the aforementioned new single. 

  Available from Spotify, iTunes etc (https://lnk.to/work-snayx), It's about having to join the rat race in order to pay the bills despite being totally unmotivated. It's an energetic 2 and a half minute fuck you to bosses and miderers everywhere. It's called work...

   Oi,
I said Oi, I get that feeling inside that I’m never enough, Teacher’s always on my back and it’s always so tough, Work, work, work, work, Just so I can get a job, Get a house, Get debt, And then never pay it off, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, Tell my boss it’s a no, I’m not doing that shift, I’m sleeping all day and then waking up at 6 Do this, Do that, I’m not working like a dog, For the minimum wage and the satisfaction, When the stress kicks in, I hardly ever sleep, I haven’t felt creative even once this week, I haven’t got the courage and I haven’t got the guts, But I’d rather be dead than let the debt pile up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, No, no, no, Mr. Herridge, I’m afraid you’ve maxed your overdraft, And there’s nothing the bank can do, You what, I said there’s nothing the bank can do Mr. Herridge, I beg your pardon, I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave, Leave, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I sit down, I get told to shut up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I stand up, I sit down, I tell them to F*ck Off, So lazy, I’m lazy, I’m so lazy,

No comments:

Post a Comment