Sunday 10 April 2022

Romero - Talk About It

  


  Back in 2020 I posted a song by Melbourne quintet Romero (https://www.facebook.com/Romeroband) called Troublemaker (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2020/11/romero-troublemaker.html). I mentioned how their debut single Honey was a power pop classic and was pleased that this follow up meant they wouldn't go down as one hit wonders. Today I'm even happier to announce that at the very least they'll be forever known as that band who released one of the best debut albums in many a moon.

  The album is called Turn It On! and if you thought those early singles were great then you'll be overjoyed to learn that the album features both plus another 9 tracks that are right up there with them. It's honestly like a greatest hits album where catchy as hell earworm follows catchy as hell earworm. It's an album that has no filler. Alanna Oliver has such a great voice and in Adam Johnstone (Guitar), Fergus Sinclair (Guitar), Justin Tawil (Bass) & Dave Johnstone (Drums & Keys) she's receives more than able backing. The album mirrors the rollercoaster of life, "revealing stories of personal striving, restarting, mulling-over the unsaid, resisting control, deteriorating relationships, the emotional throes of uncertainty and celebrating growth through all such experiences."

  


  It's available on vinyl (translucent red or black) or digital download :  https://romeromelbourne.bandcamp.com/album/turn-it-on

  This is the opening track, it's called Talk About It... 

This conversation’s worth a celebration
Hip hip hooray to only yesterday If all it does is cause you pain or feel ashamed I’m so surprised when you say This ringing in my ears is crazy talk Before I go to school or when I walk If all it does is cause you pain or feel ashamed I’m so surprised when you say Do ya wanna talk about it Do ya wanna talk about it Do ya wanna talk about it Do ya wanna Do ya wanna talk about it This ringing in my ears is crazy talk Before I go to school or when I walk If all it does is cause you pain or feel ashamed I'm so surprised when you say Do ya wanna talk about it Do ya wanna talk about it Do ya wanna talk about it Do ya wanna talk about it

No comments:

Post a Comment