Friday 19 March 2021

Incisions - Repeat Prescription

    


  It's Friday so we may as well finish the week with another hardcore banger. 

   Incisions (https://www.facebook.com/incisionsmcr) are the Manchester noise makers who featured on here back in 2018 with their anti war anthem War In Your Head (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2018/10/incisions-war-in-your-head.html). It was a trailblazer for their debut Self Titled album (https://tnsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/incisions) and suggested we were in for something fast, furious and fun. And that's exactly what we got.

  Jump forward to the present and they're preparing to release album number 2. Titled Bliss, it'll be out on TNS Records on April 2nd. They've been stoking up anticipation by drip feeding us a series of teaser tracks. No Shame was a dissection of a life lived in the shadows of other people's expectations whilst Fuck The World was a harsh look at the state of the world and a commentary on the punk scene's divided reaction to it "And all the punk bands are singing happy songs. At least while the world burns you can all sing along."




  You can pre order Bliss here : 




  The concluding song of this "teaser trilogy" is accompanied by the rather cool video you'll find below. Tackling themes of addiction, self doubt and loss of control, this is Repeat Prescription... 

  Don’t wake me when you leave But make sure I can still breathe Can’t afford a repeat prescription Spent all my money on drug addiction I am in too deep
  There’s no way to retrieve This life I’m trying to leave Can’t afford a repeat prescription Spent all my money on drug addiction I can never sleep
  Can’t feel anything from the neck down I know I’m gonna die but I can’t slow down No I can’t deny that it’s my fault But I’m still gonna do Whatever I want

No comments:

Post a Comment