Tuesday 30 March 2021

NAW - Safe Place (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

     


Bursting out out of Atlanta, Georgia USA - NAW (https://www.facebook.com/NAWAtlanta/) have nailed a sound I absolutely LOVE! Taking the best aspects of 80's/90's "Noise Rock" and filtering it through a healthy dose of modern "Outsider" Punk this band are the future!

In that same place that bands like Moon Pussy and Couch Slut occupy this is dirty, low down scuzzy tuneage that will make you wanna take a shower after being exposed to it! Insane female vocals over a constant beatdown of riffs and distortion. I LIVE to hear bands like this and after a teaser of a 2 song demo this band lived up to ALL expectations.


The new album is titled Head Pain, it's available for pre order on black or transparent pink vinyl and as a digital download : https://nawatlanta.bandcamp.com/album/head-pain

My pick off this face melting is this one "Safe Place"! But trust me - ALL 10 songs on this album will blow your mind!

I see your pain. I hear your words, but I can’t sympathize. Your discomfort and agony is all but synthesized. I can’t be your safe place. I can’t be your shoulder to cry on. I can’t be your solace. I can’t be whatever you want. You see my pain. You hear my voice, but still you ask if I could sacrifice my mental health to give you peace of mind. I can’t be your safe place. I can’t be your shoulder to cry on. I can’t be your solace. I can’t be whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment