Tuesday 16 March 2021

Weak Ties - Rage Is Not A Quiet Thing (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

    


  I had a song lined up for today by a hardcore punk band which I said are hard hitting but have just enough melody to make things accessible. Then I just received this review from Ralph of a different band of whom he makes a similar point. As he's a guest, I'll let him go first and push mine back till tomorrow... 

   So after a few of my fellow blog brothers started singing the praises of the new Weak Ties (https://www.facebook.com/weaktiesband) album "Find A Way" I decided to give it a listen. And boys and girls I'm damn glad I did! This little known band from Bielefeld, Germany may have dropped the Album Of The Year so far! They've been putting out tunes since 2016 but most of their early stuff is "Fastcore/Power Violence" type. Not a genre I'm a huge fan of but that's neither here nor there.

THIS album sees Weak Ties taking a different direction. Mixing the perfect blend of Old School Punk Rock with Old School Hardcore and gut wrenching female vocals, "Find A Way" is this band's masterpiece. This is not an easy formula to master but somehow these guys have managed to produce an album with songs that are brutally heavy, lyrics you can relate to and most importantly Be Catchy!

If you're looking for something new but miss the old days of REAL Hardcore - This is what you've been looking for! You can pick it up on vinyl or as a name your price download : https://weakties.bandcamp.com/track/rage-is-not-a-quiet-thing

This is my pick off the album and it's called "Rage Is Not A Quiet Thing" and I think it pretty much sums up the message behind this album!

No comments:

Post a Comment