Wednesday 7 August 2019

The Control Freaks - She's The Bomb

 

  FUN FUN FUN....

  So yesterday I'd just got home after enduring a long, boring 2-10 shift at work (side note : I work in a place where the radio is controlled by youngsters who insist it stays tuned into stations that churn out music by abominations called Lewis Capaldi, Shawn Mendes, Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran. Not only do the same songs get played every day, they seem to be on rotation so they're played every fucking hour. It's torture, I feel like a prisoner in Guantanamo Bay when the soldiers use torture by music techniques. It's no wonder my hearing is packing in). Anyway, back to last night. Before heading off to bed I need some proper music to restore my faith that there is actual proper, decent music out there (as on Radio mundane fm there's absolutely no sign of any) and I notice a new video by The Control Freaks. I watch, I listen I grin happily. I think this is so much fun. I save the video as a blog draft and write FUN FUN FUN.... and then head off upstairs.

  The Control Freaks, no strangers to this blog, they're the old school San Francisco garage punks that feature Rip Off Records' legend Greg Lowery on bass and vocals, Sherrilynn Nelson (rhythm guitar/keyboards/vocals), Tim Curry (drums) and Rob Vastano (lead guitar).   https://www.facebook.com/ControlFreaksSF/

  I've loved all their releases so far so hopes are sky high for their forthcoming new album on Slovenly Recordings. It'll be titled She's The Bomb and going off the evidence presented by the title track, those expectations will be exceeded. It'll be available on vinyl (included a super limited to 100 neon green disc) and you can pre order now :  https://slovenly.bandcamp.com/album/the-control-freaks-shes-the-bomb-lp

  So the title track. As you may have gathered, I love it. As well as a great song you get a video that adds to it rather than just accompanies it and I'm just off to watch it again. Maybe one day my fellow workers will play stuff like this but unfortunately I'm not holding my breath. She's The Bomb.....

1 comment: