Saturday 17 August 2019

Dollhouse - Summer Love

 

  A band I know very little about today other than that they're called Dollhouse, they're from New York and they recently released a killer demo. Supposedly their singer was in another New York band, Mommy (https://mommynyc.bandcamp.com/) whilst other members have been in the likes of Hank Wood, LOTION and Pharmkon.

  The Demo is Self Titled and boasts 6 tracks of darkly atmospheric hardcore. Rather than the usual punk staples of smashing the system or fighting inequality these songs deal with slightly more esoteric themes such as watching angels make love, self harming pervert boys and shadow babies. All 6 tracks capture your interest, all are great. Anticipation is high for more music by them. You can find it here : https://dollhousenyc.bandcamp.com/album/demo

  If you're anywhere near London on the 21st Sept, you can catch them live   https://www.songkick.com/artists/268764-dollhouse

  This is the opening track, possibly a true story since it's set in their home city, it's called Summer Love...

summer ’06 we were both sick 
it wasn’t cancer but it looked like we had it 
the thinning of our hair the shaking of our knees 
I thought we both looked beautiful weak in New York heat 
so we pulled on flowers like everything was okay 
I thought we had a death pact but then you ran away from me 
I didn’t understand 

ever fallen in love with a sicko before? 
they say it’s hard 
when their entire life is helping 
someone starve 
life's a competition 
life's hard 

so we pulled on flowers like everything was okay 
I thought we had a death pact but you ran away 
from me 
I didn’t get it 

you were not much smaller than me 
but I helped you tie your shoes like some annoying baby 
putting lucky rocks in our pockets before we went to therapy 
you disappeared maybe that’s on me 
summer ’06 we were both sick 
I thought we had a death pact but you didn’t do it


No comments:

Post a Comment