Wednesday 25 January 2023

Reminders - International Dial Tones

  


  A hot new young band from the Isle Of Wight today that I've played a few times on the show that aren't Wet Leg or Grade 2... 

  Reminders (https://www.facebook.com/reminderstheband) describe themselves as a power trio. They recently released an impressive debut album titled Best Of Beach Punk (https://reminderstheband.bandcamp.com/album/best-of-beach-punk) which attracted the attention of BBC Radio 1, 6 Music etc... and they've also shared a stage with the likes of Liam Gallagher & The Killers (which would normally be enough to steer me well away from them!). 

  I have a feeling that this may be both their first and last appearance on this blog as stardom awaits them but just before their probable transition to the big time I'm going to feature their new single as it's a very fine modern day spin on the kind of classic pop punk love songs that the likes of The Undertones, The Boys and Protex used to churn out before these guys were even a twinkle in their dad's eyes. 

  Available via Wiretap Records and Venn Records, the song's called International Dial Tones... 

You're so high, I'm so low, we're at the end of the road and that kinda hit me out the blue Who was I to know that you were missing home when I was only missing you? You say you're never good enough, now you feel like giving up, it's like I just don't know you at all You say you feel like hanging up, now you never pick up, or even return my calls Yeah every time I call... All I ever hear are international dial tones, they echo through my ears and they tell me to go home My Californian years and our Osceola County home Still, all I ever hear are international dial tones, every time I phone International dial tones So how's life back home? Wouldn't you like to know how I'm doing now you're all gone? (Now you're gone) I heard you let yourself go, but the grapevine's overgrown, so I could have got that wrong (Oh my god!) I hope you're doing okay, but in a masochistic way I'm waiting for you to fall 'Cause I remember the day you threw it all in my face and said you didn't wanna know me at all And yeah, every time I call Woo! All I ever hear are international dial tones, they echo through my ears and they tell me to go home My Californian years and our Osceola County home Still, all I ever hear are international dial tones, each and every time I phone International dial tones If I could stay a little longer, could I call this house my home? Well I'm a foreigner in California, but I could be your English Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment