Sunday 20 February 2022

RAVAGERS - Shake the Reaper (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

  


  Another one from Ralph today...

  Baltimore, Maryland's, "RAVAGERS" (https://www.facebook.com/ravagersgang) have been on my radar since 2013. There was something about them that reminded me of one of my favourite bands ever from that city "The Beatings". They had that same grimy, Punk Rock & Roll aesthetic that only comes from living that life.

  After dropping one of my favourite songs/videos from last year "Down That Road", the boys have followed it up with what I'm going on record as saying will be my "Rock & Roll Album Of The Year" for 2022! "Badlands" https://ravagers.bandcamp.com/album/badlands is EVERYTHING I love about this kind of music!




 If you miss those early 2000 days when bands like American Heartbreak, D Generation, Libertine, NY Loose and Trash Brats were stomping everyone's ideas of what "Rock" should sound like into the ground - well HERE'S your new favourite band! 10 songs that could have come out in 1984, 2001 or right f'ing now! This is as classic and as timeless as it gets in 2022 my friends.

If vinyl is your thing then head to Spaghetty Town Records (US) or Wanda Records (Europe) 


 Here's a video for their song "Shake The Reaper"

No comments:

Post a Comment