Tuesday 28 April 2020

Sniffany And The Nits - Girl Factory



  Featuring members from Brighton and London, Sniffany And The Nits released a debut ep last December which impressed enough to make it into the Just Some Punk Songs end of year chart. It was an extremely promising first release which had me describing it as "gloriously ramshackle, female fronted, shouty hardcore where the singer sounds on the verge of a nervous breakdown" (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2019/12/sniffany-nits-nit-comb.html). That singer is Nurse Sniffany (Josephine M.K. Edwards) who as well as being a singer and talented artist (https://www.instagram.com/j.m.k.e/) is the girl who checks your hair for nits! She also possesses one of the most distinctive voices around. She's a delight/your worst nightmare (delete as applicable).

  Today I'm writing a few words about their brand new ep. It's titled The Greatest Nits and it's brilliantly bonkers. There's a song about a pretty horrific sounding factory where girls are herded like cows and milked like sows. Another describes a life in which you go from sugar cube treats and cracking whips to the glue factory. Then we have something about swimming in wet slurry and thick suet as you throw your salt on the soil and the last track seems to be about a submissive fly treasuring it's time in a spider's web. Imagine David Lynch having nightmares!

  There'll be 400 copies available on black vinyl from Thrilling Living Records   https://www.thrillingliving.com/collection/sniffany-and-the-nits-the-greatest-nits-ep

  For digital, go here : https://thrillingliving.bandcamp.com/album/the-greatest-nits-ep

  This is the opening track, it's called Girl Factory...

Room inspections, forced injections,
Girl infection, under lock and key protection!
I am safe because I know that he’s there,
He checks my vitals with the utmost care.
Girls locked in rooms and herded like cows,
I’m bred for my meat, I’m milked like a sow.
I want to be rescued! Press my ear to the door…
I tremble in terror at footsteps in corridors.
I didn’t hear anything, I didn’t see anything,
I didn’t try to run, I promise I’m not anyone…
It was just a holiday from The Girl Factory,
A holiday from The Girl Factory!


No comments:

Post a Comment