Monday 20 April 2020

Days N Daze - LibriYUM



  If you like your punk music to be akin to a party in which everyone's having a ball as the banjo, mandolin, uke and washboard players kick up a storm then Days N Days (https://www.facebook.com/daysndaze/) are no doubt a band you're already familiar with. I know the Houston folk punkers are very popular as the views on this blog went through the roof when I featured them a few years back (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2017/03/days-n-daze-crustfall.html) and after hearing a couple of tracks from their upcoming album I can imagine they'll be gaining even more fans.

  The core line up is Jesse Sendejas (Vocals/Guitar/Mandolin/Banjo), Whitney Flynn (Vocals/Trumpet/Uke), Geoff Bell (Gutbucket) and Meg Gan (Washboard) though others contributions are plentiful. They formed in 2008 and the new album, their 8th, is titled Show Me The Blueprints and it'll be released by Fat Wreck Chords on May 1st. Not much doubt that it's going to be something very special.

  This track appears deeply personal and demonstrates that even the liveliest music can be juxtaposed with lyrics from the darkest depths. It's called LibriYUM...

Loaded to brim with Librium Hallucinating in some retro tele nova Just using worse drugs to quit the drugs When using to stay comfortable enough Used to be I’d drink myself through every twist and turn But now I’ve grown up A bit And seen some shit Made my mistakes I’ve lost and won What did I learn? LALALALALALA OHHHHHH Holy shit I’m not dependent anymore It’s fucking weird I’ve been an addict for a decade Now I can see the world so clearly And it’s terrifying My mind it feels rejuvenated All those thoughts I drown out For so long are bubbling back up And their driving me crazy Oh, look now I can feel again The numbness has evaded How real life it’s fine and dandy No, it’s not I fucking hate this Is this really how all these sober people live Life sober is over stimulating Piece of shit This feelings hell and boring normalcy Why did I even quit? Oh, yeah that’s right I almost died So, I suppose I’ll give this sober train a ride At least until I yank out all my teeth Does this boredom never cease? Reality is a disease Oh, lord I need another drink LALALALA OHHH.. I sit in slippers on a dog hair coated sofa Staring at the ceiling contemplating god Why I numb myself and what I’m so afraid of All while trying to ignore these racing thoughts I've a never-ending nagging Need to figure out the point Or maybe there just isn’t one We’re all just maladroit Moronic Meaningless abomination Hurdling towards an empty everlasting blank oblivion The clarity is killing me But so were the drugs Why can I not just exist happily Without being numb? Is there something I’m missing Which others have found? If you’ve answers inform me I’m being drug down by the weight of unknowing It’s really bummin’ me out I’ve been to hell and back And seen so much Beneath the heavens So, what did I learn Left to my own devices And stripped of all my vices I possess a tendency To overthink and analyze things But I don’t think it worthless To contemplate our purpose Now that our society Appears to have become so thoughtless It seems especially important That we take a sec to gather some perspective And remember that we’re all just specs A dust within a vast expanse Created out of happenstance Diluted from the same initial spark So, let’s party down LALALALA OHHH..



No comments:

Post a Comment