Monday 4 September 2023

The Fiendz - Down The Shore (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

  


  Well I asked Mick for a personal favor to let me do a review of this album. And being the good mate he is he's allowing me to promote more great music/bands from New Jersey.  First off I have serious history with this band - The Fiendz (https://www.facebook.com/TheFiendz).

  I first saw them MANY years ago at our long lost mecca "City Gardens". I believe I met my "brother" Ralph Michal at one of their shows there. But later on I got the chance to play guitar for one of New Jersey's best Pop Punk bands at the time "The Lawn Darts". Ironically we ended up playing many shows with The Fiendz. They've been around since friggin' 1987! Their early records on Black Pumpkin Records are legendary in N.J. Punk history.

  So around 2017 they started up a Bandcamp page and started re-releasing all their classic records. BUT they also started dropping new music! All leading up to THIS! Released on "Labor Day Weekend" (here in the States, the unofficial "end of Summer") - Here is "Dummy"! https://thefiendz.bandcamp.com/album/dummy-2

 The Fiendz making it known that their story is far from over. 15 songs of the timeless Pop Punk that was their trademark. Songs like "Skeletons", "Bully", "Trust Me" and "Never Gonna Change" are instant ear-worms. Our "local" troops have been trying to get a show lined up so these veterans can turn a whole new generation on to their greatness.  I present to you all, for your listening pleasure, a song VERY near to my heart because it's about my island! Here is The Fiendz - "Down The Shore."

No comments:

Post a Comment