Monday 11 September 2023

Biters - Guilty

  


  A new release that's not a new song today. Or is it?

  I have to confess that despite gobbling up as much of that new fangled punk stuff back in the late '70's when I was an impressionable school kid I don't remember coming across Biters. Bandcamp tells me they were from Shithney, Northern England (a place which Google suggests doesn't exist?). They released their debut single in January 1978 on Recidivist Records. 

  Google also suggests maybe this isn't a long lost single from the '70's. Crass released the Bullshit Detector compilations back in the day and I must confess to getting a whiff of that odour now.

  Either way, the band's line up is Mick Teeth (vocals), Richard Comparison (guitar), Pete Dogshit (bass/backing vocals) & Sentimental Steve (drums). The single features 2 excellent and authentic sounding old school punk "classics" in the form of Guilty and Repeat Offender. You can snap it up as a name your price download : https://biters.bandcamp.com/album/guilty-b-w-repeat-offender

  Feast your lugholes on some good old fashioned northern punk rock! This is Guilty...

You have the right to remain silent... So shut your fucking gob! One, two, three, four! Went with my mates for a pint down pub Some punk gave me lip so I had to dust him up I was guilty.... as charged Legged it from the coppers, I don't wanna get nicked Come here little piggy... I've got a fucken brick I'll be guilty... but I'm still at large G U I L T Y Guilty, guilty I ain't got no alibi Guilty, guilty Missus caught me with a bird, what a spot of luck Said she was leaving, I said I don't give a fuck I'm guilty... old son Her indoors is at home for a lie-down and a cuppa I broke into the chemist and snatched myself some uppers I'm guilty... but I'm having fun! G U I L T Y Guilty, guilty I ain't got no alibi Guilty, guilty G U Y L T I Guilty, guilty I ain't got no reason why Let's go boys! Stole a pack of fags from the corner shop I bet you didn't think that I'd do that stuff! But I'm guilty... guilty! Had it out with my boss and he threw me off the job It ain't my fault he's a useless fucken yob I'm guilty... guilty Innocent 'til proven guilty, guilty! Innocent 'til proven guilty Lock me up, throw away the key G U I L T Y Guilty, guilty I ain't got no alibi Guilty, guilty G U I L T Y Guilty, guilty I ain't got no alibi Guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty

No comments:

Post a Comment