Friday 25 August 2023

RISKEE & THE RIDICULE - God Tier

  


  RISKEE & THE RIDICULE (https://www.facebook.com/RiskeeandtheRidicule) are back. They've been playing "DIY South East Grime Punk since 2011" and as demonstrated by their new album Platinum Statue, they're very much at the top of their game. 

  They've featured on here several times previously, most recently with My Name  https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2023/04/riskee-and-ridicule-my-name.html

  That song blazed a trail and heightened expectations for the album (I commented at the time "I doubt punk will ever die whilst people still have something worthwhile to say and still have the passion to shout it out loud.") and those expectations have more than been met. 

  With a line up of Scott Picking (Lead Vocals/Lyrics), Jimbo Aglony (Guitars/Screams), Jordan Mann (Lead Guitars/Vocals) & Matt Verrell (Drums/Bass/Vocal Harmonies), the band have once again produced a collection of energetic songs that'll appeal to both punk fans and fans from outside the genre. It's got the melodies of radio friendly pop songs but it's got added crunch. Shouting compliments the singing, the music varies from light to heavy. It's my 2nd full listen and it's already seeped into my pores. 

  It's available on CD and marbled grey vinyl available from Ring Of Fire Records : https://ringoffirerecords.limitedrun.com/products/744716-riskee-the-ridicule-platinum-statue-pre-order


  This is the opening track, I think it's safe to say the band still have plenty to get off their chest. It's a song that displays both their melody and rage to full effect. It's called God Tier...

I feel like I’m on another plane, another dimension, run when normality beckons. Everything just comes at once this is our sphere, there ain’t no bond here and that’s when you elevate into god tier.
I feel like I’m on another plane another dimension, I don’t believe what you reckon. Everything just comes at once this is our sphere, there ain’t no bond here and that’s when the elevate into god tier.

Break those chains, those chains ain’t yours to maintain, what’s the point in chasing fame, you're never gonna see this place again. I will break those brains, reset everything that they create, I’m a bloody bloodhound in this game, I can see lies and I can smell fakes, dead it.

I hold myself in such high esteem 'cause I plucked reality out of a dream, blew off the dirt and I kept what I like, I moulded the shape, tarted up the sides. Keep your blind rage, we craft the vision do what you do, we’ll do what you didn’t, when they talk about you and you don’t care that’s when you’re elevating to god tier!

I feel like I’m on another plane, another dimension, run when normality beckons. Everything just comes at once this is our sphere, there ain’t no bond here and that’s when you elevate into god tier.
I feel like I’m on another plane another dimension, I don’t believe what you reckon. Everything just comes at once this is our sphere, there ain’t no bond here and that’s when the elevate into god tier

I’m an iron fist in an iron glove, I'll body any front man you’ve ever loved, we are not slaves we are not idols we are the underground we hold the title. I came from the dirt as did many to show you we were planted and not buried, we grow we do not rot, in bloom all year round we don’t stop.

Inflation skyrockets the wages remain, where is your fire where are you flames? Where is the anger, where is your rage, I’m alright Jack yeah I’m alright Jane, dead it. You want rich but how do you want it? A Fiesta In the forest or Tesla to the office. If I’m honest time is the only commodity my seconds ain’t for sale it’s my hours that honour me.

Who are you who am I? Can we exhume truth from the lies. you play a role you are a character you are a vessel you are an avatar. You are the worker you are the passenger. You are the driver but the manager manage ya. There’s no fast track no, there’s no time trafficker there’s no shortcut sliding down the banister.

The canister is already split open and the contents is already pre-written. Open the box strike the flame, flick the match light the game, wear your Docs, wear your chain here’s the catch you’re the same. Take your pain and package it up. They’ll market you as deranged and stuck. What do you know you’re just a fool, they can’t smell a thing sitting in their own stool!

I feel like I’m on another plane another dimension, run when normality beckons. Everything just comes at once this is our sphere. there ain’t no bond here and that’s when you elevate into god tier.
I feel like I’m on another plane another dimension, I don’t believe what you reckon. Everything just comes at once this is our sphere, there ain’t no bond here and that’s when the elevate into god tier.

No comments:

Post a Comment