Wednesday 23 August 2023

Girls Like Us - My Boyfriend Was a Tory (So I Broke up with Him)

  


  OK. I'm holding my hands up. Today's song isn't all that new, it was released in April and as it was from an ep mixed & mastered by Slow Faction frontman John Youens I checked it out at the time but it didn't get the attention it deserves. But I'll put things right today.

  Girls Like Us are a trio from London featuring Amelia (vocals/bass), Jaz (guitar) & Yusuf (drums). Their debut ep, the one that came out in April, is titled Bitter 'Til The Bitter End and as they say themselves, it's 7 tracks of mean nasty noise. Part riot grrrl, part grunge, it's a good listen so go check it out : https://girlslikeus.bandcamp.com/album/bitter-til-the-bitter-end

  Partly because of the lyrics, mainly because it kicks (Tory) ass, the song I'm highlighting is My Boyfriend Was a Tory (So I Broke up with Him)...

My boyfriend was a Tory Doesn't that sum up this story & he called me really boring Slashed his tires - are you still talking? Burnt my favourite shirt So now i'm throwing down this dirt & I don't even really care if he's alive because he's laughing and he's smiling as if he's coming home with me & I can't help but laugh and smile in pure insanity his friends are dead he will be too That's what you get for what you do These roses that lay on your bed 'cos what you see aint what you get Your government and views are all a sick sad sin So I tore your letter up and put it in the fucking bin Hurry up and die no I don't wanna see you cry & you get what you deserve for the government that you serve Wanted me to give him head I said I'd rather end up dead Won't you call up Theresa May To suck your dick all fucking day My boyfriend was a Tory Doesn't that sum up this story & he called me really boring, slash his tires are you still talking? Burnt my favourite shirt so now I'm throwing down this dirt & I don't even really care if he's alive because he's laughing and he's smiling as if he's coming home with me & I can't help but laugh and smile in pure insanity His friends are dead he will be too That's what you get for what you do These roses that lay on your bed 'cos what you see aint what you get Your government and views are all a sick sad sin So I tore your letter up and threw it in the fucking bin Hurry up and die no I don't want to see you cry & you get what you deserve for the government that you serve Wanted me to give him head I said I'd rather end up dead Won't you call up Theresa May To suck your dick all fucking day

No comments:

Post a Comment