Wednesday 12 February 2020

Freon - BYE BYE



  Freon are a cool new speed punk band band from St Louis featuring members of  Bad Example, Ruz, The Warden, Dentist and Mom (Jimmy, Rickey, Benny, Benny, Nicky and Gurt). They're all fans of Poison Idea so it'll come as no surprise to hear that their debut 6 track ep is something of a rager. The music's fast and loud whilst the lyrics are raw and emotive ("Rip that parasite out of me And take my innocence with it"... "People dead in rooms alone but you don’t see that from your throne"... "I don’t wanna be me anymore I don’t like me Anymore"). Can you have fun listening to something so down beat? I did, it's a really good debut. The ep's titled PYK, there's 100 copies pressed on computer white cassettes and you can check it out on the 11 PM Records Bandcamp page https://11pmrecords.bandcamp.com/album/pyk

  My favourite track, probably this. It's called BYE BYE...

I don’t wanna be ur baby
Or ur little slut
But I could be
For a quick buck
I’ll be a lady
Your woman too
Just as long as u pay me when we’re thru
Lemme cop
I’ll fuck u hard
Won’t tell ur wife
For a price
Gimme speed
It’s what I need
My body’s yours
For the hour
Are you done I need a shower
Who cares if it hurts you
You got things you need
Make your mind leave ur body
Just to make ends meet
Who cares if it kills you
It was the only way
In a system that failed you
You just gotta get paid


No comments:

Post a Comment