Monday 17 February 2020

Cold Meat - ZZ Top Hat

 

    "BORING MUSIC FOR BORING PEOPLE
      SILLY MUSIC FOR SILLY PEOPLE"

  Last year I was wondering aloud which was the best record label of 2019 and I came up with a couple of prime candidates... Slovenly Recordings and Drunken Sailor. No doubt both will be contenders this year but an early candidate for that accolade must be London label Static Shock Records. Not only did they start 2020 with a bang by releasing the debut album by Chubby And The Gang, they're following it up on 20th March with another debut, this time by one of my favourite bands, Cold Meat. It'll be titled Hot And Flustered and a couple of tracks are streaming now. There'll be 150 copies available in red vinyl and you can pre order (and listen to the 2 tracks) here :    https://staticshockrecords.bandcamp.com/album/hot-and-flustered

  I posted info about them on here when I featured their excellent song Lazy Anarchy  (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2018/07/cold-meat-lazy-anarchy.html) so I won't repeat myself now, instead I'll just advise you to check the band out if you haven't yet done so. Think Siouxsie Sioux, think Exene Cervenka, think UBIK, Good Throb and Sniffany & The Nits. Think bratty Aussie punk... Enjoy top vocalist Ashley Ack on top form yelping about her hatred of Houston's favourite bearded rockers. Enjoy a taste of what will surely be a brilliant debut album.

  This is ZZ Top Hat...

No comments:

Post a Comment