Wednesday 27 February 2019

Chaneys - Madeline



  Chaneys are the ghoulish punk band from Moscow who formed on Halloween 2017 and who featured on here last year with a song from their Legacy ep. With influences ranging from The Lillingtons through to Send More Paramedics (via The Misfits) it's no surprise that their love of all things horror bleeds through into their music. They've just released a new ep, it's titled Deathlove and you can find it here : https://chaneys.bandcamp.com/ I think a cd version is in the works.

  In support of the ep they'll be spending the next few weeks on the road and you can check dates here : https://www.facebook.com/ChaneysMusic/

   There's 4 killer tracks on the ep all worthy of your attention (so I'll play a different one on Sunday's Just Some Punk Songs show to the one I've chosen to highlight below). Lining up with Gleb Kasady (guitar/vocals/keyboards), John Doe #27 (bass/backing vocals), Myers (guitar) and Dildo (drums) they're one of a number of bands that play this kind of horror punk but I think it's fair to say they're one of the better ones. This song is a tribute to actress Madeline Smith. She featured in Hammer films The Vampire Lovers, Taste The Blood Of Dracula and Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell as well as the Vincent Price classic Theatre Of Blood. A scream Queen that enthralled a generation.

  This is Madeline....

Madeline 
She is from Hammer films 
Madeline 
The primal lust reveals 
Madeline 
The hottest being you’ve ever seen 

Madeline 
She is from silver screen 
Madeline 
Not that I meant something, but 
Madeline 
Wish I was born in the forties 

Sometimes we try to think right 
Not always we are guided by the light 
Something casts a shadow on your mind 

Sometimes we try to keep it clean 
What is truly under your bloody skin? 
Wormhole is always in a gene 

Madeline 
What would I do for you adeline 
What would I do for you 
Anything 
What I would do is anything 
What I would do is anything 
What I would do is anything


No comments:

Post a Comment