Friday 26 September 2014

Top 10 Songs Chosen By No Ditching



  I've had a couple of people comment recently that they enjoy reading these top 10 lists as it introduces them to some great new music. As it also introduces me to great new music too, I've sent out messages to more of the bands that I like and even though most of them don't reply, or occasionally do reply but then forget to follow up with their list, it's always greatly appreciated when someone takes the trouble to promote their favourite records. Today I was happy to discover a message from Laura who's a member of Durham d.i.y. punkettes No Ditching. I've already posted a song by them back in the early days of this blog, and I enthused how brilliant their debut ep is. If you haven't yet heard it, go to their bandcamp as you'll love it :  http://riotsnotdiets.bandcamp.com/album/no-ditching-face-ache-ep
Laura says it was too difficult to think of an all time top 10 so each of the band picked a couple of songs each that they really like, as usual when the lists aren't numbered, I've numbered them myself in the order they were written.

1)  Wolfs - Cold Wet Lawns

2)  Baroness - A Horse Called Golgotha

3)  Elly Kingdon - Things We Tell Kids To Do That We Shouldn't

4)  RVIVR - Tiny Murders

5)  Delay - Don't Worry Now

6)  Beyonce - Flawless

7)  Girls - Lust For Life

8)  Willow Smith - I Am Me

9)  Best Coast - Bratty B

10 Robyn And Royksopp - Momentum

A few of the tracks aren't on youtube so if you want to listen to them (and you should) head over to bandcamp. Thanks again to No Ditching, more top 10's will appear soon (hopefully!). Today's song is Tiny Murders by Rvivr. The band are from Olympia, Washington and the song was on their 2010 Dirty Water ep.....

THE WORLD STARTED OVER/WHEN I SAW THAT YOU SAW ME THAT WAY/ALL THIS RIPPING AND PULLING/LIKE MY PIECES WOULD JUST BLOW AWAY/AND I’M FUCKING HUGE NOW/I’M TALLER EVERY DAY/YOU’RE INTIMIDATED!/WHY CAN’T I JUST STAY IN MY PLACE?/THERE’S ROOM FOR MORE STARS IN THE SKY/THE DARK STAR WILL STILL SHINE/I DON’T WANT TO FIGHT/(BUT I’LL FUCKING FIGHT!)/YOU WONT GET WHAT’S IN MY WITH THE EDGE OF A KNIFE!/WE’RE KILLING EACH OTHER (WITH) TINY MURDERS!!/THERE’S PLENTY OF LIGHT IN MY EYES/BUT THE BRIGHTEST STARS STILL DIE/MY WATER IS BREAKING/LIVE MY WHOLE LIFE WITH BLOOD STAINS/AND MY BONES ARE ACHING/ FOR ALL THAT WE WISH WE COULD CHANGE

No comments:

Post a Comment