Wednesday 10 September 2014

Sore Subjects - Obscene Calls
























  One of the most enjoyable songs I've stumbled upon whilst searching for stuff to enthuse about is the one I'm posting today, it's from the 4 track Missing Link ep which was released in 2012 by Chicago 3 piece Sore Subjects. So far they've released a demo, a s/t single (track one was called Gimme A Dee Dee and hints at their love of The Ramones "mommy took me to the barbershop, gimme a Dee Dee, gimme a Dee Dee") and finally the aforementioned Missing Link ep. part garage punk, part pop punk, 100% catchy as hell punk, this is Obscene Calls.....

Call you up on the phone
When I think you’re all alone
Obscene calls
Operator please connect
Hear me breathing down your neck
Obscene calls
Don’t hang up
I just called to have a chat
Ripped the cord out of the jack
Obscene calls
It’s a landline love affair
When I ask you what you wear
Obscene calls
Don’t hang up 

1 comment: