Tuesday 4 February 2020

Phone Jerks - Out Of The Gate



  Damn, Moncton's finest budget rockers (https://www.facebook.com/Monctongaragepunk/) Phone Jerks aren't hanging around. It only seems like 5 minutes since I featured a song from their excellent 10x10 10" but already they're back with a killer new ep. It's titled Out Of The Gate and it boasts 5 original blasts of trashy garage goodness plus a couple of mega cool covers (of classic songs originally recorded by Protex and Penetrators). The ep is available via Resurrection records (Spokane) and Wanda Records (Germany) on 7" vinyl (without the Penetrators cover) and digital download... https://resurrectionrecords.bandcamp.com/album/out-the-gate

  We're blessed currently with some totally awesome garage punk bands releasing music. Off the top of my head I'll name The Cavemen, Gino And The Goons and Control Freaks as my favourites but Phone Jerks are up there with them. Snappy choons with heavily distorted vocals that'll have you straining to decipher the lyrics but as frontman Tyler says; "it's why I loved Teengenerate so much; listening to them reminded me of when I first heard the Ramones and had no idea what they were saying but it didn't matter (all that mattered was the "sound")."

  Just in case you're struggling to work out what the title track is about, I'll give you some help. It's a song drummer Emily wrote from the point of view of her and hubby Tyler's greyhound. This is Out Of The Gate...

No comments:

Post a Comment