Monday 5 August 2024

FILTH IS ETERNAL - VIOLET

  


  Definitely one of the hits on this week's Just Some Punk Songs show was this cover of a song originally released by Hole and is about Hole vocalist Courtney Love's relationship with Smashing Pumpkin's frontman Billy Corgan. The original is a classic and happily, this cover pretty much matches up to it.

  Filth Is Eternal (https://www.facebook.com/filthiseternal) are a grunge rock trio from Seattle. You can check out a couple of their albums here : https://filthiseternal.bandcamp.com/music

  Can Filth Is Eternal vocalist Lis D'Angelo match Courtney Love's full throttle performance? I'll leave you to judge. Feel free to comment. This is Violet...

And the sky was made of amethyst And all the stars were just like little fish You should learn when to go You should learn how to say no Might last a day, yeah Mine is forever Might last a day, yeah Mine is forever When they get what they want, and they never want it again And they get what they want, and they never want it again Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to And the sky was all violet I want it again, but violent, more violent Yeah, I'm the one with no soul One above and one below Might last a day, yeah Mine is forever Might last a day, yeah Mine is forever When they get what they want, and they never want it again When they get what they want, and they never want it again Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to Told you from the start just how this would end When I get what I want, then I never want it again Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to Take everything, take everything Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to Take everything, take everything

No comments:

Post a Comment