Thursday 29 August 2024

Kjells Bänk - Miserable Youth

  


  It's fun looking back at old updates on this blog and seeing some of the great songs I've posted (I annoyed my Oasis loving workmates today by turning the radio off when some turgid dirge by them was assaulting my ears and instead I blasted out a few random old songs off here). Some really good bands have featured over the last decade, some of those bands have gone on to be very successful. But I still get the biggest buzz when I come across new music by a band that I've previously been unaware of. Maybe it's a debut release or maybe I've somehow missed them (it's a big world out there). 

  Today's band are new to me but I'm impressed. 

   Kjells Bänk (https://www.facebook.com/kjellsbonk) are from Skellefteå in Sweden. (I hope Google is going to help me out with pronouncing their name before I play them on the next Just Some Punk Songs show). They've just released a new album on Sockiplast Records called The Miserable Youth Of Our Time. It's available on 12" vinyl or as a name your price download :  https://gronpepparrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-miserable-youth-of-our-time 

  It's a dozen tracks of energetic and infectious punk by a band that look pretty damn young and are very damn good. I'll highlight the opening song on the album, it's called Miserable Youth... 

No comments:

Post a Comment