Thursday 6 April 2023

Blowers - Wipe My Ass

  


  Many of the songs I post on here are intelligent, well thought out and passionate commentaries on modern day society. Today's song isn't one of those, it's just a whole bunch of fun. 

  One of my favourite videos from last year was for Hard To Be Broken by Mad Mojo Jett, a budget garage rocker that gladdens my heart every time I watch it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbCKR0Hpqk). The video for today's song has a similar effect. 

  Blowers (https://www.facebook.com/blowersband) are the garage punk band from Melbourne who I featured on here a couple of years ago (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2021/03/blowers-hitman.html). I described them as being "a mash up of Cavemen style sleaze with some of the "pop" sensibilities of early period Ramones." I've been granted an early listen to their new album and happily that comparison still stands up.


 
  The album boasts 14 tracks of lo-fi rock n roll fun that doesn't take itself too seriously. It's the sound of a band having a ball. The band in question is Kit Convict (vocals/guitar), Andrew Porter (vocals/guitar), Shannon Aswell (vocals/drums) & Pip McMullan (bass). The album's titled Blown Again and it'll be available on vinyl and digital download on April 14th via Chaputa Records (Worldwide) & Spooky Records (Australia). 

  To help promote the album, the band will be touring around mainland Europe in May & June



  A definite highlight, this is a track that'll get you into your happy place. It's called Wipe My Ass... 

No comments:

Post a Comment