Thursday 27 April 2023

Faulty Cognitions - Thin Blue Line (is a Warning Sign)

  


  So why is it after almost 10 years that I still keep updating this blog? 

  Part of the reason is (rather obviously) I still enjoy telling people about the music I like but after all this time I think it's just as much that I still feel enthusiastic about new music and this is a way of pushing myself to keep seeking it out. Without having to post updates most days, it's very doubtful I'd come across many of the bands that I listen to. Hopefully I'm helping you guys discover new stuff you love too. 

  A new band I've discovered this week are Faulty Cognitions. They're from San Antonio, Texas and after noticing that they're supporting Marked Men in San Antonio this coming Sunday I dug a little deeper and found that they've just released a Demo ep. 

  The line up of the band is Chris (Guitar/Vocals), Yole (Bass/Vocals), Nick (Guitar) & Mike (Drums). The demo is rough around the edges but very promising. They play melodic punk rock of the type that should see them getting appreciative crowds singing along in sweaty venues. They draw you in straight from the superb opener Las Cruces (catchy as hell with very good lyrics) and then they more than keep your attention throughout. As it's available as a name your price download there's no reason not to get acquainted with it https://faultycognitions.bandcamp.com/album/demo

  This is one of the harder hitting tracks and as I'm a sucker for a cop song it's the one I'm highlighting today. It's called Thin Blue Line (Is a Warning Sign)...

Fascist flag blowing in the wind
(thin blue line is a warning sign)
On a suburban lawn you swear you'll die to defend
(thin blue line is a warning sign)
No one's coming for your guns but I wonder if they did
(thin blue line is a warning sign)
Would you wave that fucking flag while gunning down the pigs
(thin blue line is a warning sign)

Blue lives they don't matter
Blue lives don't exist
Blue lives they don't care about you
They're all terrorists

It's intoxicating watching cities burn
(thin blue line is a warning sign)
They don't look like you so they're none of your concern
(thin blue line is a warning sign)
Hate anyone who doesn't think like you
(thin blue line is a warning sign)
Want to see them dead, that's why you back the blue
(thin blue line is a warning sign)

You say not all cops with a bad analogy
Fuck a rotten apple, that's just the police

Blue lives they don't matter
Blue lives don't exist
Blue lives they don't care about you
They're all terrorists

No comments:

Post a Comment