Sunday 2 October 2022

Breakup Haircut - I Don't Wanna Be Your Friend

  


  Anyone fancy an energetic burst of UK pop punk? 

  Breakup Haircut (https://www.facebook.com/breakuphaircut) are a quartet from London featuring Ishani Jasmin (Rhythm guitar/vocals), Delphine Thenet (Lead guitar/vocals), Emma Ripley (Bass/vocals) &  Jordan Dilger (Drums). They released an album in July with the rather great title of Punk Dancing For Self Defence. Put together over a longer than normal timespan due to various Covid lockdowns it boasts "15 tracks - old, new and newer - touching on breakups, boundary-setting, social anxiety, bi-erasure, and above all, existing under capitalism."  There's some wonderful moments on there. One highlight, Why Can't I Be Cool Enough To Move To Berlin? featured on the Just Some Punk Songs show a few months ago, another (the song you'll find below) will feature this week. Other unmissable tracks include single Marie Kondo, Out Of My Way (I'm Not Getting On The Nightbus) and Mum I Wanna Be A Greaser.  



If you want an album that's gonna put a big smile on your face you can check it out here :  https://breakuphaircut.bandcamp.com/album/punk-dancing-for-self-defence

  This is the opening track, it's called I Don't Wanna Be Your Friend...  

I don't wanna sink my teeth in sweat I don't wanna sink my teeth in I don't wanna get stuck in this hole I don't even wanna be your friend I feel sick beyond my means Feels like I'm ripping at the seams Maybe I'm just being unreasonable I don't even wanna be your friend I don't wanna be this person I don't wanna be this person I don't wanna be this person I don't even wanna be your friend What if this sees me alone? I've never called myself a home I guess you could be worth my time I don't even wanna be your friend I don't wanna say no I don't wanna be mean I don't wanna people please I don't even wanna be your friend About time you figured out Seems kinda rude to weigh you down I'm really busy right now I don't even wanna be your friend Text you back after three days like Sorry, just that work's been crazy I'm doing dry January I don't even wanna be your friend You're not entitled to my time Just 'cause you're such a special guy

No comments:

Post a Comment