Sunday 9 October 2022

Surrogates - Waste (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

   


  Well I say it over and over again on my site but Punk Rock is alive and well in 2022. The latest example of this is a band called Surrogates from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.

  This 4 piece lines up with Lulu-vocals, Connor-guitar, Rob-bass and Mike -drums. Since first hearing their 7 track Self Titled release on Bandcamp I haven't stopped listening to it.

  Unfortunately this is only available as a digital download but some in-touch record label needs to put this out on vinyl! Their sound is Classic 80's style Punk/Hardcore with Lulu's vocals bringing to mind past greats like Legal Weapon, Red Scare and Sin 34. From the very first opening track "Intro-Rooftop" this will have you wanting to Pogo or Circle Pit (chose your dance!).

  The song I'm gonna spotlight is called "Waste" and defines this band's sound. Beautiful guitar melodies led by a pounding rhythm section. Great lyrics, great tunes and I seriously hope this band stick around because I already want more!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment