Friday 21 October 2022

Tearjerker (Feat. Frankie Stubbs) - Love Being Alone

    


  Well it's October and thoughts start turning towards the Just Some Punk Songs end of year chart. I'm honestly struggling with it this year as there's been so many great releases to choose from and I'm sure there's more in the pipeline yet (hint, hint, Cyanide Pills you promised us an album this year). I think I might have decided on my Number One track of the year but today's blog update features a song that should certainly be up around the top as well.. 

  Tearjerker (https://www.facebook.com/TearjerkerNE) are a very exciting new band from Sunderland who formed last year and released a debut single a few months ago titled Done And Dusted (I missed it at the time so I'll make amends and play it on this week's show). Now they're back with a follow up and it's even better. The line up of the band is Mick O'Brien (Vocals / Bass), Christopher "Frenchy" French (Lead Guitar / Backing Vocals), Marty "Jacka" Jackson (Rhythm Guitar / Backing Vocals) & Brent Copeland  (Drums / Backing Vocals). Joining them on this single are Mick Jones (who you may know from bands such as Diaz Brothers, H.D.Q., Loudmouth & Red Alert) on backing vocals and the legendary Frankie Stubbs (Leatherface) on guest vocals. The song was recorded at the Bunker, Sunderland, by Phil Jackson and mastered by Leatherface bassist Graeme Philliskirk and it's out on his label Little Rocket Records. There's an album on the way which I'm definitely looking forward to.


 

  You can get the single here : https://tjlrr.bandcamp.com/track/love-being-alone

  Dealing with a situation which I can certainly empathise with (it can get lonely in bed on your own but it's great having the tv remote!), this is a modern day melodic punk classic, it's called Love Being Alone...

It's been a long time since you called me baby,
It's been a long time since we were friends,
It's been a long time since you called me baby, don't you you see?
It's been a long time and it's you that done this, not me!

I wanna be in your life again
But I love being alone


By the time you heard me, my soul had left my body,
By the time I woke up you'd already gone,
The note you left me was vague at best and I'll deal with that,
It's my own uncertainty and just my luck that you came back

I'll see you in your nightmares
I'll see you in yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment