Tuesday 3 August 2021

Thee Hearses - Goo Man

  


  Who are Thee Hearses?

  I've absolutely no idea. 

  Can I hazard a guess at some guy in his bedroom with a synth who loves old sci-fi B movies and Spits style trashy garage punk? 

  Whoever they (or he) are, they've lit up the summer by releasing a couple of very fine eps. A couple of weeks ago we were treated to a name your price Self Titled offering of budget priced whacked out fun. 5 tracks of retro futuristic noise with titles like Insects In My Brain and It Came From Planet X (and a cool cover of one of the best songs from the aforementioned Spits). 

  A fortnight later and along comes EP 2. More of the same out of this world dance punk that'll appeal to those of us that like a bit of egg/devocore/weirdopunk. 

  You can find both eps here : https://theehearses.bandcamp.com/album/ep-ii 

  Back when I was a kid, there was a movie called The Incredible Melting Man about an astronaut whose body begins to melt after he is exposed to radiation during a space flight to Saturn. This song made me think of that (I've no idea if it was an inspiration). It's called Goo Man...

Feeling weird feeling kinda strange Everyday I'm in constant pain Nice glow on my green skin Throw my jelly bones into the bin I was a loser now I'm not Got a body that's made out of snot Living life as a puddle fiend None of the girlies want to talk to me I am the Goo Man Sucking down some chili dogs Down the sidewalk my body slogs Feeling just like a rubber band Drinking gas straight from the can The sun burns through my body mold Shiny glitter pieces made of gold Got a body that's made out of rot But at least I'm not an afterthought

No comments:

Post a Comment