Sunday 29 August 2021

Kiss Me, Killer - Ego Lycra Cycle Man

  


  One of the "hits" on last week's Just Some Punk Songs show was a song called Sports Direct by Bristol punx Kiss Me, Killer (https://www.facebook.com/kissmekillerband) (They take their name from the 70's movie directed by Jess Franco). The song is featured on a new album titled 2020 Vision and it's the first featuring their current line up of Cat, Nat, AJ & David. 



  The album has been released by the ever reliable Grow Your Own Records and fits in nicely with the label's back catalogue though this time around even though Kiss Me Killer still have something to say about things that concern them, there's a bit more humour involved than one might have come to expect from a label that champions bands such as Dogma, Pedagree Skum, Dogshite, Icons Of Filth etc. We're treated to 8 tracks on a green vinyl 10" and they throw in a lyric booklet as a bonus. You can get it here  https://anthraxuk.bandcamp.com/album/2020-vision

  I'm not going to post Sports Direct today, instead I'm going with the rather fun video they released earlier this year for another of the album's highlights. This makes a good companion piece to Wonk Unit's Cyclists (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8TFPmScni4) and it's called Ego Lycra Cycle Man... 

Outta my way, I wanna go fast Cos I'm the best, yes it's my path Kids and dogs, get outta my way I beat my personal best today I'll fix my bike with special spanners Got no grace, I got no manners I'll fix my bike with special spanners Got no grace, I got no manners Ego Lycra Cycle man Here e comes to ruin ur day Ego Lycra Cycle man Here e comes get outta the way High vis shorts and special shoes Wanna race, you're bound to loose Fancy drinks and protein bars I wanna go far, I wanna go far All the gear and no idear All the gear and no idear Ego Lycra Cycle man Here e comes to ruin ur day Ego Lycra Cycle man Here e comes get outta the way GET out of my way! I'm so important! Ill fix my bike with special spannners Got no grace, got no manners And all the gear and no idear. Ego Lycra Cycle man Here e comes to ruin ur day Ego Lycra Cycle man Here e comes get outta the way Ego Lycra Cycle man, ego lycra psycho man. Ego Lycra Cycle man, ego lycra cycle man Feck off!

No comments:

Post a Comment