Wednesday 25 August 2021

SEX WORK - Dennis Rodman

    

  For those like me who don't follow American sports, Dennis Rodman is a former professional basketball player. Nicknamed the worm, he was obviously one of the best in his field as even I've heard of him (though this is possibly more to do with his friendship with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un). His retirement from the sport was followed by numerous tv appearances and a couple of action movies. The reason I'm writing about him is that I know very little about the band I'm posting today so I need a paragraph of waffle to pad things out.

  SEX TAPE are a quartet from Berlin who are trying (pretty damn successfully) to create a new and unconventional sound that pays homage to the records they have in their record collections. Think angry 90's post hardcore with snotty vocals, noisy guitars and driving drums & basslines. 




  They released a single last year titled Nasal Spray and have just followed it up with a Demo cassette. 3 new songs "tributing Dennis Rodman, liftboys and truthtelling" with the addition of the songs from the single on the flip side. It's lively, heavy but very accessible and you can get it here (though there's only 2 copies left as I write this so you might have to settle for the digital download) : 

  There's lots of interesting things going on on this track, I think you'll like it. It's called Dennis Rodman... 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment