Sunday 25 July 2021

Sprints - How Does The Story Go?

  


  Dublin "garage noise four piece" Sprints (https://www.facebook.com/sprintsmusic/) featured on here in February of 2020 with an infectious and very fresh sounding track about the mundanity and monotany of everyday life (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2020/02/sprints-kissing-practice.html). It ended up featuring in the Just Some Punk Songs end of year chart. I wouldn't be surprised to see them reappear later this year. 

  The band formed in 2019 and have been championed by the likes of the BBC (both Radio 1 & 6), The Guardian and The NME but happily despite attracting mainstream attention they still retain enough energy and edginess to appeal to readers of this blog. Punk attitude, modern sheen. Ladies and gentlemen, this is a great band. 

  And they've just released a new single. It's on Nice Swan Records (https://www.niceswanrecords.com/) and it'll be available soon on limited edition 7" signed vinyl. You can get it now digitally here :  https://sprintsmusic.bandcamp.com/track/how-does-the-story-go

  Featuring an impressively passionate performance by vocalist Karla Chubb this is a track you definitely won't be wasting your time on, it's called How Does The Story Go?...

Should I start this with another cliche or how does the story go
I’ve worn a mask everyday you peaked behind and now I wanna go
The cards are stacked and the house is packed and I wanna go home

And everybody's got time
Everybody seems to have so much time
Everybody seems to have so much time but I’m wasting mine I swear to god I’m the only fucker in this place who isn’t doing fine
And I’m not fine

You’re the extrovert I’m in the introvert and that’s the roles
Then I’m the extrovert you’re the introvert and the swapping goes
The cards are stacked and the house is packed and I wanna go home
But we've spoken every day for 8 years so what do I do when you’re gone

And everybody's got time Everybody seems to have so much time
Everybody seems to have so much time but I’m wasting mine I swear to god I’m the only fucker in this place who isn’t doing fine And I’m not fine

The card are stacked and the house is packed and I wanna go home


 


No comments:

Post a Comment