Monday 5 July 2021

Charlie & the lesbians - Fade Away

  


  Charlie & The Lesbians (https://www.facebook.com/Charlieandtl) are a quartet from Eindhoven in The Netherlands who line up with Charlie Hoeben (vocals), Soesja Hoeben (drums and backing vocals), Noortje Pullens (bass) & Mees Welmers (guitar). If, like me, you're late to the party, you can check out their previous releases here :  https://charlieandthelesbians.bandcamp.com/album/paper-trail-of-happiness

  They've a debut album due out on October 15th on Bottom Shelf Records, it'll be titled Fade and they're promising their wildest release yet. 

  To give us an idea of what to expect, they've released a video for the first single from the album. When I played it on this week's show, I mentioned to the folk in the chatroom that I was going to post it on here once I'd worked out how to describe it and to be honest, I'm still struggling. I should take the easy option of saying "just listen to it and decide for yourselves" but I think I should at least mention some rather distinctive guitar work and vocals from a singer who sounds as though he's teetering on the brink of darkest despair. It's a track that bodes well for what's to come. 

  It's called Fade Away... 

No comments:

Post a Comment