Wednesday 21 July 2021

The Linda Lindas - Oh!

  


  Another fun one today as The Linda Lindas (https://www.facebook.com/TheLindaLindas) unleash their new single. Currently one of the most talked about new bands around, they're also one of the youngest. Based in Los Angeles they're two sisters, a cousin, and their close friend; 10 year old Mila, Eloise (13), Lucia (14) & Bela (16). Two of them are Asian, two Latinx and they mix up the spirit of punk rock with a healthy dose of both power pop and new wave. They took their name from a 1987 song by Japanese punks The Blue Hearts 

  I've played a few of their songs on the Just Some Punk Songs show including the excellent Racist, Sexist Boy which they performed a blistering version of at the LA Public Library (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5AhU5Q7vH0) and which seemed to bring them to the attention of a whole new audience. Signing to Epitaph hasn't done them any harm either!

  You can download the single here : https://thelindalindas.bandcamp.com/album/oh

  It's called Oh!...

Oh when I say something I wish I had shut up (oh!) And when I try to help, I always screw things up (oh!) The places that feel right, They never last too long (oh!) And when I think of things, They always turn out wrong Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh when I say something Nobody backs me up (oh!) When I try by myself, I mess it up (oh!) Oh when they say something You always suck it up (oh!) And when I try to help It never is enough Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! What can I do, what can I do? What can I say, what can I say? What can I do, what can I do? Nothing changes it’s all the same Why do I say something Say anything at all (oh!) It seems that when I try I always take the fall (oh!) But when I don’t speak up There’s nothing but regret (oh!) I can’t stop thinking of What could’ve happened next Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! What can I do, what can I do? What can I say, what can I say? What can I do, what can I do? Nothing changes it’s all the same Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment