Thursday 24 December 2020

Crashed Out - Lockdown Blues

    


  Rejoice my fellow Brits, 'tis the season to to be jolly and as we all know, on Christmas Day, the Corona Virus will be taking a well earned day off and we can all relax our guard and meet up with our families. Only for the one day though as the following day we'll all be back to staying alert, keeping our distance and listening to government briefings. This time around it looks as though restrictions will be getting tighter as the virus mutates it's way into 2021.

  Crashed Out (https://www.facebook.com/crashedout.uk), the veteran melodic 4 piece street punkers from Jarrow have kept busy during the pandemic recording a new single. It features their reinterpretation of an Eddie Cochran classic and pairs it up with a cover of Motorhead favourite Ace Of Spades. It's available digitally with all proceeds going towards helping keep Trillions Rock Bar (a live music venue in the heart Newcastle Upon Tyne) going during these difficult times. You can get it here :  https://crashedout.bandcamp.com/album/lockdown-blues-ace-of-spades  

  Classic tune, modern day lyrics, this is Lockdown Blues...

I get up at noon what will I do I wonder, I have a cup of coffee and I take a long shower, Walk the dog watch tv everyday I do the same? I'm a lazy sod and the virus is to blame, because of Corona and it ain’t a little flu, Cos they ain’t no cure for The lockdown blues I’m on a lockdown and it’s a weird situation, like a ghost town and it’s right across the nation, Covid is to blame that’s what we got to fear Don’t have to go to work so I have another beer, because of Corona and it ain’t a little flu, Cos they ain’t no cure for The lockdown blues I Gotta get away I really need a vacation, But I’m sitting tight waiting for the vaccination, This ain’t going away and we gotta face the facts, Well that’s what you get if your gonna eat bats, because of Corona and it ain’t a little flu, Cos they ain’t no cure for The lockdown blues

No comments:

Post a Comment